Our MAKO PBI Flash Hood is very popular in Australia and the same hood is currently in use by many leading fire agencies throughout the country. Fully Certified to NFPA 1971-2007 Edition the MAKO PBI is also UL Certified.
The MAKO PBI Fire Fighting Flash Hood is only available in Light Brown and is a very light weight composite blend of 20% PBI and 80% Lenzing FR.
Lenzing is a special fibre that offers unique thermal insulation properties and is a natural fiber derived from wood. It offers protection from all kinds of heat and its functional properties help to prevent heat stress and heat stroke.
The FR stands for Flame Resistant.
The notched shoulder and longer length allows for a proper fit and added protection across the chest.
The longer length (3 inches longer than NFPA requires) assures that this hood will stay tucked inside other required equipment.
STYLE: 2 ply, two piece design with notched shoulders.
LENGTH: From top of head to bottom: 21 inches
SIZING: One size fits all. Do not modify, change, or alter your protective hood in any manner.
CONSTRUCTION SEAMS: All seams are merrowed, and then top and bottom covered with a 5-thread cover stitch for extended durability.
All bottom edges are bound with binding.
THREAD: 100% Nomex.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
The MAKO PBI Fire Fighting Flash Hoods maintain protective properties after machine washing.
• Machine wash only using regular detergent
• Water temperature not to exceed 1300 F
• Do not use chlorine bleach or detergents containing chlorine
• Do not use fabric softeners or detergents containing fabric softeners
• Do not wring hood to dry. Squeeze hood to remove excess water.
• Shape and lay flat in a dry, cool, shaded location to dry.
• Or Tumble dry, low heat.
• Do not commercially dry clean.
• Do not store your hood in direct sunlight.